Creating a gallery wall with framed prints is an excellent way to showcase your style, personality, and memories. However, it can be a daunting task to achieve a cohesive and visually appealing look. In this article, we will share tips and tricks to help you create a stunning gallery wall that reflects your unique style.
Step 1: Gather Inspiration and Plan Your Layout
Before you begin, it’s essential to gather inspiration and plan your layout. Browse home decor magazines, social media platforms, and websites for inspiration. Once you have an idea of the style you want to achieve, plan your layout.
Choose Your Space
Select the wall you want to use for your gallery wall. The space should be large enough to accommodate your framed prints and allow for proper spacing between them. A large blank wall in your living room or bedroom is an excellent choice.
Measure Your Space
Measure the width and height of your chosen space. Use these measurements to plan the size and placement of your framed prints. To create a visually appealing gallery wall, consider using a mix of large and small frames.
Create a Mockup
To visualize your gallery wall layout, create a mockup. This can be done using paper cutouts or a digital mockup tool. Arrange the frames on the floor or the wall until you are satisfied with the placement.
Step 2: Select Your Framed Prints
Now that you have a plan in place, it’s time to select your framed prints. This is where you can let your personality shine. Choose prints that reflect your style, interests, and memories. You can also visit Fine Art America and get some amazing framed prints that suit your tastes.
Types of Framed Prints
There are various types of framed prints to choose from. Some popular options include:
- Photographs: Use your favorite photos to create a personalized gallery wall.
- Art Prints: Add some color and personality to your wall with art prints.
- Posters: Vintage posters or concert posters can be an excellent addition to your gallery wall.
- Maps: Maps are an excellent choice for a travel-themed gallery wall.
- Quotes: Inspirational quotes or typography prints can add a motivational touch to your gallery wall.
When selecting your framed prints, consider the color scheme. Choose prints that complement the existing color scheme of the room. Alternatively, you can create a bold contrast by adding prints with bright colors.
Choose frames that complement the style of your room. Consider the color, texture, and material of the frames. For a cohesive look, choose frames that are the same color or style.
Step 3: Hang Your Framed Prints
Now that you have your framed prints, it’s time to hang them. Follow these tips to ensure your gallery wall looks stunning.
- Start With the Centerpiece: Start with the centerpiece of your gallery wall. This should be the largest or most eye-catching framed print. Hang it at eye level, approximately 57 inches from the floor.
- Balance the Weight: When hanging your framed prints, balance the weight. Avoid placing all the large frames on one side and the small frames on the other. Distribute the weight evenly to create balance.
- Create Space: To create a visually appealing gallery wall, leave some space between each framed print. The spacing should be consistent between all the frames. A rule of thumb is to leave two inches of space between each frame.
- Play With Shapes: Play with the shapes of your frames. Mix and match square, rectangular, and circular frames to create a dynamic gallery wall.
Step 4: Maintain Your Gallery Wall
Once you have hung your framed prints, it’s essential to maintain your gallery wall. Here are some tips to keep it looking its best.
- Regular Dusting: Dust your framed prints regularly to keep them looking clean and bright. Use a soft cloth or a feather duster to avoid scratching the frames.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Direct sunlight can cause the colors in your framed prints to fade. Hang your gallery wall in a spot that doesn’t receive direct sunlight.
- Keep Them Dry: To avoid any harm to your framed prints, it’s important to protect them from humidity. Areas with high moisture levels, such as bathrooms or kitchens, should be avoided. If you reside in a humid region, it’s advisable to use a dehumidifier in the room where your gallery wall is displayed.
- Rearrange Your Prints: Change up your gallery wall from time to time by rearranging your prints. This is an easy way to refresh the look of your space without having to purchase new prints.
Creating a gallery wall with framed prints is a fun and creative way to add personality and style to your home. With the right planning, selection, and placement, your gallery wall can become a stunning focal point in your living space. We hope these tips and tricks have inspired you to create a gallery wall that reflects your unique style and personality.