School teachers are an important part of the education system, but they can be hard to find. To help you identify highly qualified teachers for your school, we’ve compiled a list of five qualities that signal excellence in teaching:
Table of Contents
Highly Skilled Teachers demonstrate the ability to build and maintain classroom management.
Classroom management is a key indicator of the teacher’s effectiveness. It is important to note that this ability is not only limited to your own classroom but also extends to other classrooms, as well. If you are looking for highly qualified teachers who have demonstrated the ability to maintain classroom management, then you should consider asking them questions like
- What do you think makes good classroom management?
- How do you know when your students are not listening or following directions?
- When was the last time there was an incident with any of your students and how did it turn out (good or bad)?
Watch this Suraasa Masterclass and know more about What Does a School Leader Look for in a Candidate? by International Teacher Trainers Dr Michael Bartlett, Ms Lisa Latham and Ms Hana Halabi.
They are experts in their domains.
Highly skilled teachers are experts in their domains. They have a deep understanding of the subject matter and how it relates to other subjects. They can see how the pieces fit together and how students are likely to struggle with a particular concept or skill. They know what questions to ask and when to provide hints or additional information. They understand the best way for students to learn new material, whether it’s through practice problems or hands-on experiments.
They know how students learn.
If you want to identify highly qualified teachers, it is important that they know how students learn. This can be done by observing their interactions with students as well as asking questions about what methods of learning are being used and by whom. Some questions you might ask include:
- What are the main ways that your students learn?
- Do you have any ideas on how I could help my students do well in this course?
To know more about how to help students maximise their learning, watch this amazing video here.
They set high expectations for student achievement and nurture a positive school culture.
The first step to identifying highly qualified teachers is to look for those who nurture a positive school culture. They create a safe and supportive environment, model effective behaviour, provide feedback to students and parents/guardians, and help them develop as learners. This is how they do it:
- Set high expectations for student achievement: Teachers should be clear about what students need to know in order for them to be successful in class or on the job market after graduation. They also need to know what they themselves believe about how much time it takes for children of different ages or abilities (e.g., kindergarteners vs high school seniors) take before they master certain concepts or skills—and this information will inform whether there are gaps between where you think your students currently stand versus where they actually are right now (a good place where teachers can make adjustments).
- Foster positive relationships between teachers & students: A positive relationship between teacher & student helps build trust which leads towards greater motivation among students; this self-motivation then translates into better performance later down the road when faced with difficult tasks such as homework assignments due tomorrow morning!
They are genuine learners themselves.
The most important characteristic a teacher should have is the ability to learn from their own mistakes and the experience of other teachers. They are always looking for new ways to improve their teaching, which makes them more aware of what students need. Teachers who are willing to accept feedback from students and colleagues will be able to make improvements as well.
It’s also important that these highly qualified teachers are open-minded in terms of trying out new things such as using technology or incorporating foreign languages into courses offered at your school. Highly skilled teachers are ready to take teacher training courses and get certified in emerging and latest teaching domains. You can check out some amazingteacher skill development courses here.
Highly skilled teachers understand how to differentiate instruction for all students.
Educators who understand the need to provide differentiated learning experiences for all learners, not just their own, are more likely to be highly qualified teachers.
Their commitment and dedication make them a great choice because they believe in the importance of providing opportunities for every student in the classroom.
They also have a good understanding of technology integration in the classroom, which allows them to use technology as an opportunity for differentiation and enhance student engagement with content areas such as math or science that may not traditionally be taught using traditional methods (such as drawings).
They are great communicators both verbally and non-verbally.
These teachers are great communicators both verbally and non-verbally. They communicate with students and parents, using body language, facial expressions, gestures and other non-verbal cues so that everyone understands what’s being said. They also use technology to communicate with their students as well as the broader community through social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook.
These qualities make a teacher highly qualified.
There are many qualities that make a teacher highly qualified. This means that teachers are well-versed in the subject matter and can teach it effectively to students. A teacher who has no knowledge of science or math may not be able to impart his/her knowledge as effectively as someone who does have this expertise.
Teachers must also be willing to learn new things themselves, and from time-to-time attend workshops or conferences where they will gain new insights into their fields of study (or other areas).
If you are looking for highly qualified teachers, consider using Suraasa Jobs in your hiring process.