Python is known as one of the most common languages used by developers to develop websites and software, data analysis, task automation, and data visualization. Python is very popular among developers as well as non-programmers like scientists and accountants as it is relatively easy to learn and implement. It is an excellent language for freshers and beginning programmers that help to construct a wide range of programs like simple text processing, web browsing games, etc. As python does not have pointers, so it is very easy to maintain, and its source codes are also fairly easy that can be written and read in everyday English.
Python is a very rich language that has its greatest strength in the form of its libraries that makes it portable and cross-platform compatible. As it is becoming very popular, Python has experienced unpredicted growth, while at the start of 2020, it was the fourth most popular programming language in the world. So there are no signs slow down in the near future. Therefore several companies are investing their time and money in python, which results in the increased demand for Python experts who have gained experience with specialized Python course. These training courses help candidates to understand the fundamentals of Python in order to perform tasks smoothly.
This article will explain how Python language can be used in many different sectors for different tasks.
Table of Contents
What is Python?
Python is a high-level, interactive, interpreted, easy-to-understand, and object-oriented programming/scripting language. It is specially designed to be highly readable that involves English keywords, while other languages use punctuation. It also has fewer syntactical constructions than other languages.
Basically, Python is used in Software Development, System Scripting, web Development, and Mathematics for various related tasks. It is mainly used to create websites and software. It is a general-purpose programming language used for a wide range of applications. It involves high-level data structure, dynamic binding, dynamic typing, and many more important features that make it useful for difficult application development.
Python is considered a universal language found in a variety of different applications as it has the ability to run on almost every system architecture. It is a convenient language and is popular for artificial intelligence and machine learning. Its flexibility allows any scale to make ML/AI scalable from laptops to clusters. Python’s simple and easy-to-learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program management. It also supports modules and packages that can encourage program modularity and code reuse.
So, there are several features of Python language that can be used differently; let’s check out how it can be used.
What is Python Language Used For?
Basic usage- It is known by everyone that Python is often used for creating websites and software and many more crucial tasks like data analytics, automating tasks, etc. it is a general-purpose language that can be used to build many different programs. In our daily routine tasks, we use python programming in several applications such as Netflix recommendations, self-driving cars, voice assistants ( Alexa and Siri), etc. It means python has been designed to be used in a variety of applications that involve automation, software and web development, data science, etc., to get stuff done. So Python can be used for-
- AI and Machine Learning- Python is a very easy, stable, simple, and flexible programming language; that’s why it is perfect for machine learning and artificial intelligence projects. It is one of the favorite languages of many data scientists as it includes many Python machine learning and AI libraries. It can help you discover the uses of Python and deep learning during your career in AI. Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, etc., are some of the libraries that can be used in this domain.
- Web Development- Python is commonly used in making web applications at a rapid rate using frameworks. Python language uses some well-known frameworks like Flask, Django, Pyramid, etc. There is common-backend logic that goes into making these frameworks and a number of libraries that can help integrate protocols such as HTTPS, FTP, SSL, etc. and even help in the processing of JSON, XML, E-Mail, and so much more.
- Data Analytics- It is also one of the most rapidly developing sectors that utilize Python programming. In the era of digital transformation, when there is enormous amount is data is generated, there is a need for those who can collect, manipulate and organize the information. Here comes the role of Python programming, which can perform all these tasks smoothly and make sense. It’s relatively easy and quick to analyze data while working with a large amount of data and information.
- Game Development- Python is also commonly used for the development of interactive games. It involves advanced libraries like PySoy, a 3D game engine that supports Python 3, and PyGame, which offers functionality and a library for game development. Python language is used in many gaming apps such as Civilization-IV, Vega Strike, Toontown Online, etc.
- Data science and Data Visualization- Besides Data Analytics, Python is also used in the Data Science and Data visualization field as it can help professionals to calculate risks and increase profit. Python libraries like NumPy and Pandas can help you extract the information required and perform operations for data. Python can also help you visualize your reports and findings through libraries such as Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc. So python can offer you to become a successful Data Scientist.
- Financial Analytics- Not only for data analytics, But for Financial analytics also, Python is the number one choice of programming languages FinTech companies look for when hiring developers. Nowadays, Python is used in almost every financial industry as it offers data processing capabilities and specialized libraries for financial analysis.
- Desktop GUI- It is known that Python is used for programming desktop applications. Here Tkinter Library is used to develop a user interface. It also provides other Python tools like Kivy, wxWidgets, and PYQT that can help create applications on several platforms.
Web scraping applications, Business Applications, Audio and Video applications, Embedded applications, CAD Applications, Scripting and Utility software, etc., are some other important fields where Python is used widely. Several organizations rely on Python programming language for their data operations and other web development tasks. If you want to make a career with Python, Grab any course and get certified to explore your expertise.